There are many SQL Commands that are available to store, retrieve, delete and manipulate the data.
Following are most common that are used.
- SELECT – Selecting records from a one or more tables.
- SELECT DISTINCT – Selecting only the distinct/unique records from one or more tables
- Conditional Commands – Commands that are used to get the records based on a certain condition.
- Aggregate Functions – Commands that provide aggregation options
- GROUP BY – This Command used with the Aggregate Functions to group the result set by one or more columns.
- ORDER BY – Sort the results in a sprcific order (Ascending/Descending).
- HAVING – This clause used for adding conditions for the Aggregate Functions.
- String Functions – Common String Functions
- Date Functions – Useful DATE manipulation functions.
- JOIN – Retrieve results from multiple table using Join.
- CONSTRAINTS – Constraints are used to check/limit the data that is loaded to a table.
- ALIAS – Alias used for renaming a resulting column or a result set from a SQL.